Care Design New York was created with the involvement and participation of over sixty agencies with long and successful histories of specializing in the provision of services to children and adults with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities (IDD). Our story is rooted specifically in the provision of Medicaid Service Coordination. The agencies recognized that with the requirement for New York State to provide Medicaid Service Coordination in a conflict-free way, and to increase the provision of that service to a more elevated “Care Management”, they wanted to be involved and on the forefront of that transformation. We are stronger with the involvement of all of our partners. One in particular, Partners Health Plan (PHP), is the only managed care health plan for individuals with IDD in New York State.
Our mission is to provide high quality, conflict free, person-centered comprehensive care management services. Care Managers (formerly Medicaid Service Coordinators), incorporate health and wellness supports as they assist individuals in combining all their supports into one integrated and individualized Life Plan including the services authorized by OPWDD.
We believe that all services available to families and individuals with developmental disabilities should be:
All of the Medicaid Service Coordination (MSC) employees from the agencies that have aligned with Care Design NY will be offered employment with us so that you can retain your relationship with your current MSC.
MSCs transitioning to care manager positions will be directly employed by Care Design NY from the start of operations July 1, 2018; however, they will continue to be located at their current agency locations for some time, as this will ensure the most effective service provision to individuals.
We will work with you, and your current service providers, to assist you to identify your life goals to develop a Life Plan for specific to your needs and desires.
We will use electronic documentation and communication custom-built care management software specifically tailored to meet individual needs, including the needs of children.
- I have seen first-hand individuals achieve goals they did not think they could accomplish!
- I am passionate about the services I provide and am a strong advocate for the people I support.
- I am motivated, task-oriented, efficient, and always willing to assist others.
- 35 years’ experience working with IDD population.
- At this juncture, I would like very much to continue to utilize my administrative, organizational and advocacy skills to serve and support individuals and their families within the Care Design NY network.
- I bring a great deal of enthusiasm, professionalism, and knowledge to my call.
- My experience as an Medicaid Service Coordinator is an everyday learning experience.
- I am a competent and extremely hard worker as I am dedicated and committed to my work.
New York City Location
460 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001