As COVID-19 cases continue to rise, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends the following in relation to COVID-19 vaccines:
- New Yorkers 12 years and older who received their Pfizer-BioNTech initial vaccine series at least five months ago are eligible for the Pfizer-BioNTech booster.
- Children 5-11 years-old with certain immunocompromising conditions who received their Pfizer-BioNTech initial vaccine series at least 28 days ago are eligible for an additional dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
- New Yorkers 18 years and older who received the Moderna initial vaccine series at least five months ago or the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at least two months ago are eligible for a booster dose.
Vaccines and boosters are widely available at pharmacies, local health departments, clinics, Federally Qualified Health Centers, state-run mass vaccination sites, and other locations across the state. More information COVID-19, vaccines, and boosters can be found here.
To schedule an appointment, New York State residents may choose from the following options:
- Visit: Booster Doses: Booster Doses | COVID-19 Vaccine (ny.gov)
- Text their ZIP code to 438829
- Call either 1-833-NYS-4-VAX or 1-800-232-0233.
- In-home vaccination information
- Vaccine locator by NYS county
The CDC and NYS websites are regularly updated with the latest COVID-19 information. You may also consult our educational library for new plain language information. Members and families are also encouraged to contact their Care Manager with questions.